During our 4 month trip to indonesia Rian and I took only 3 books with us, Lonleyplanet guide to indonesia, Dr Debs International doctors medical book and Peter Neely's Indo Surf and Lingo. This book came in handy countless times whilst travelling through sumatra and java. With some sections saying "plenty of waves go exploring" and we did.
I would highly recomend this book whilst traveling for your first time to indonesia.
The #1 Bali Surf Camp & Indonesia Surf Travel Guidebook
* Helps you design Your Trip for your surfing level: learner, intermediate, longboarder or advanced
* Complete Surf Spot, Surf Camp & Yacht info so you'll be totally prepared:
Bali, Sumatra, Mentawais, Nias, Java, G-Land, Lombok, Sumbawa, Sumba, Timor
* The Best Places for your Family, Honeymoon, Backpacker budget trip or Luxury splurge made easy
* Every book has over $500 worth of Free Discount Vouchers: You can save far more than the book costs!
* 144 Pages of essential up-to-date information you can rely on
* 120 classic colour lineup surf photos
* With over 100,000 copies sold, it's earned a justified reputation as "The Indo Surfer's Bible".
* This new updated 2011 edition contains everything you need to make your trip easy, fun and rewarding.
Tracks Magazine wrote: "The best advice I was given when travelling to Indo for the first time was “Buy Indo Surf and Lingo"!
ASL Australia's Surfing Life wrote: "This legendary guidebook is the best $35 you'll invest on your trip, the only one you'll need."